Well, it’s been quite a year! 2021 was the year I got back into blogging and became an official book blogger. My site has been transformed to a book blog mixed with photography and writerly posts with a dash of self-care/lifestyle posts. I’m excited to see where 2022 will take me as a blogger (and as a writer!).
What are my top goals for 2022 blogging?
- Organize my book reviews and to-read list. It’s been quite a task to transfer all my book reviews from Goodreads to my blog. I have book reviews scheduled out to June 2022 and the reason for this is to have them spaced out enough that I’m not overloading people with reviews too close together. I want the authors to get the right amount of attention before the next book review gets posted. My hope is to start posting my monthly to-read list and see if I can read a book or two per month. I’ll be lessening the number of books I’m reading for the time being, but I’m excited to really focus on my current list.
- Figure out my niche. I think book blogging and writing about writing mix together pretty well. Many authors also actively read and review books, so it works. I also like to incorporate my other interests here, too, such as my love for photography and health. I’ll see how my posts do with you all and decide what it is that everyone really likes reading about. I want to make sure that I’m posting content people really enjoy seeing!
- Keep up a regular schedule. I’ll continue to keep up a regular blogging schedule that is frequent enough for people to read often. There’s a happy medium that I’m still figuring out.
- Reach 2,000 followers. This will be quite a feat, as it took me years to reach 500 followers, but I’m ambitious with my new blog and I think this can happen if I stay committed to it. We’ll see if I reach this goal by next December!!
- Inspire New People. My main purpose, I feel, is to inspire other people through my writing. My hope is to reach new people in 2022 and inspire them to reach their goals – whether it be writing or otherwise. It makes me so happy when people read my blog and really get something out of it. I want to keep doing that!
That’s it for now. I think it’s a decent list for next year’s blogging goals – though new ones may come up as the year unfolds.
Now, it’s time for you to share. What are your blogging goals for 2022? Do tell! 🙂